Programme start date: 1 November 2023
Participation in Transfer Pricing Certificate – 1 is not mandatory to enrol in this certificate programme. However, it is recommended to have sufficient knowledge of intangibles, intra-group financing and services, benchmarking and valuation to successfully complete the programme.
Overview and learning objectives:
The programme is designed to be followed online over a 6-month period, and consists of a selection of IBFD online courses. Once the programme as a whole is completed, you will receive a professional certificate of acknowledgement from IBFD, as a reputable international organization, that you have followed a rigorous transfer pricing learning regime, and you will hence achieve recognition by the international tax community.
It consists of four online courses, guiding you on Transfer Pricing at the intermediate level with practical application in respect of:
- Transfer Pricing and Business Restructuring
- Transfer Pricing Controversy
- Transfer Pricing and Indirect Taxation
- Operational Transfer Pricing
After following the certificate programme, a tax professional will be able to:
- Determine the transfer pricing aspects of business restructurings, digital transformations and determining an arm’s length remuneration for business restructurings, as well as having a roadmap for dealing with the transfer pricing of business restructurings;
- Define and apply a TP controversy framework, detect transfer pricing risks and assess the various various dispute mechanisms;
- Define a roadmap for developing efficient tax processes that are aligned from a transfer pricing, customs and VAT perspective and know how to deal with product pricing and periodic monitoring of adjustments from a TP perspective and the VAT treatment of TP adjustments; and
- Define the operational transfer pricing lifecycle, the different components of operational transfer pricing and the role of segmented P&Ls, and know how to set, monitor and adjust the transfer prices of, for example, tangible goods and services transactions.
Components of training
The certification programme is divided into 4 online courses that further consist of several modules.
Each course has following components:
- 5 - 7 modules with video lessons of approximately 1 hour each
- Recommended reading materials
- Assignments to help apply knowledge in practice
To benefit from the learning experience for this training, completing all audio-visual components and assignments is mandatory to obtain your certificate. Upon access to the learning platform, the syllabus will indicate the exact completion requirements. Please also consult the FAQ for more information.
Who should participate
The course is open for all; however, it would be highly beneficial for:
- Professionals with more than three years of experience in any of the following fields with an avid interest in TP: tax/law/accounting/finance/treasury/MNE/accounting firms/tax advisories; and
- Professionals of any domain working in the field of transfer pricing and having more than three years of experience
Prerequisites/ Advance preparation
No advance preparation is necessary before the start of this programme
Core Study Time
Online (QAS self-study)
The Advanced Professional Certificate in Transfer Pricing - Business restructuring, Controversy, Indirect Taxation and Operational Transfer Pricing consists of 4 online courses. An online course comprises 5 - 7 modules with video lessons of approximately 1 hour each, recommended reading materials and assignments to help apply knowledge in practice. There will be assessments to test your overall understanding.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Kindly check with respective accrediting organization to determine eligibility of CPE credits.
International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of CPE on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Issues regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information, please contact us via email.