Overview and Learning Objectives
The APCIT programme is designed to be followed online over a 6-month period and consists of a selection of specifically designed IBFD online courses and webinars addressing corporate international taxation. Once the programme is completed, you will receive a professional certificate of acknowledgement from IBFD, a reputable international organization in the international tax community, to acknowledge that you have successfully completed a rigorous learning regime in corporate international taxation.
After following the certificate programme, you will be able to:
- Contribute effectively to discussions about a company's international tax strategy based on up-to-date knowledge of current international tax developments
- Evaluate a cross-border corporate tax structuring strategy, provide alternative options for considerations and make recommendations on the localization of a global strategy
- Have the confidence to undertake tax planning responsibilities in a wider geographical area and propose tax-effective business structures and operations
- Identify, manage and control tax treaty and transfer pricing risks related to corporate tax structuring
- Proactively support the business functions and business line managers from a tax and transfer pricing point of view and assist CFOs, directors, accountants and other peers in respect to the tax implications of business structures and transactions
- Corporate international tax structuring
- Tax treaty aspects of corporate tax structuring
- Transfer pricing aspects of corporate tax structuring
- Controversy management in corporate tax structuring
Components of Training
The certification programme is divided into three phases comprised of the following:
- Phase 1: Three online courses consisting of four modules each. At the end of each module a final assessment will assess understanding of topics covered
- Phase 2: Webinars and a case study assignment
- Phase 3: Webinars and live workshop
- Recommended reading material for each phase
Who should participate
The certification programme is designed for tax professionals from corporates, professional services and governments who wish to gain a practical understanding of the ever-changing world of corporate international tax structuring in the post-BEPS era and be able to identify and deal with tax treaties and transfer pricing issues they face in the context of their daily work.
Prerequisites (for guidance only)
This certification programme is intended for tax professionals with 3 to 7 years of practical experience working in professional services, governments or multinational groups. Tax professionals who are interested in learning more about the international tax aspects of corporate tax structuring, or those who wish to refresh and update their knowledge given the state of flux in international tax developments in recent years, are also welcome to participate in the programme.
No advance preparation is needed for the programme.
- Online (QAS self-study)
- Group internet-based
Phase 1 consists of four online courses (12 modules in total of approx. 1hr each). Phase 2 and 3 consist of several 1 hour webinars and a live 1 hour workshop.
Also includes recommended reading materials and assignments to help apply knowledge in practice. Assessments are also included to test your overall understanding.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
All components of the programme, i.e. online courses and webinars, are generally recognized for CPE credits with many accrediting bodies around the world. The programme as a whole will be eligible for at least 32 CPE credits. Participants are encouraged to check with their professional and/or national association to determine eligibility in this respect.