IBFD reserves the right to make amendments to this cookie information without prior notice. Amendments will be effective upon posting on IBFD’s websites.
What are cookies?
Types of cookies
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser, or a persistent cookie, which remains on the user’s computer or device for a pre-defined period of time.
By domain, cookies can be classified as either first-party cookies, which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain, or third-party cookies, which are stored by a different domain than the visited page’s domain.
Cookies contain information about your visits to our websites and are a convenient way to transfer your information from one session to another, or between sessions on related websites. This results in an enhanced browsing experience, as you do not need to re-enter your login details or preferences each time you visit our websites.
Cookies used by IBFD
IBFD uses only first-party cookies, for the following functional or statistical purposes:
- to allow you to transfer information between pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information, such as your username and password;
- within registration, to allow you to access stored information;
- to remember the items that you have put in your shopping cart prior to your sale;
- to recognize you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests;
- to collect anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to better understand how users use our website, thereby helping us improve our website;
- to identify you by account name, e-mail address, customer ID and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address); and
- to help us tailor content to your preferences.
For website analytics, IBFD uses first-party cookies from Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. These are persistent cookies that expire after no more than two years.
The first-party cookies from Adobe Analytics provide IBFD with the IP address of every visitor. Users who log in to their accounts can also be identified by means of an email address, IP address and/or client number. The data collected is hosted on a server based in the European Union and is not shared by IBFD or Adobe Analytics with any competitors, organizations or individuals.
The first-party cookies from Google Analytics collect data about visits to our website. We do not send personal data to Google.
Blocking or deleting cookies
It is possible to block or delete cookies by using the browser’s privacy preferences menu. For example, you may choose not to accept certain types of cookies, to have the browser ask for consent before accepting a new cookie, or to block cookies altogether. If you choose to block or delete cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the website, place an order or make use of the full features and functionality of IBFD’s websites.
Note: blocking or deleting cookies will impact the user’s experience when visiting IBFD’s website(s). To fully benefit from the features and functionalities offered by our website, we strongly encourage you not to block or delete any cookies.