Programme start date: 1 April 2024
To begin this certificate programme, you are expected to have a good understanding of the fundamentals of transfer pricing.
If you already completed this programme or have sufficient knowledge of intangibles, intra-group financing and services, benchmarking and valuation, you can proceed to Transfer Pricing Certificate – 2 which will help you advance your practical transfer pricing expertise.
Overview and learning objectives:
The programme is designed to be followed online over a 6-month period, and consists of a selection of IBFD online courses. Once the programme as a whole is completed, you will receive a professional certificate of acknowledgement from IBFD, as a reputable international organization, that you have followed a rigorous transfer pricing learning regime, and you will hence achieve recognition by the international tax community.
It consists of four online courses, guiding you on Transfer Pricing at the intermediate level with practical application in respect of:
- Benchmarking and Valuation
- Transfer Pricing and Intra-Group Services
- Transfer Pricing and Intra-Group Financing
- Transfer Pricing and Intangibles
After following the certificate programme, a tax professional will be able to:
- Assess the guidance of international organizations, legislation and case law related to intra-group financing and their implications for their day-to-day practice
- Determine a chargeable service, arm’s length remuneration, cost sharing and contribution arrangements, and MNE and tax authorities perspective
- Identify comparables for different type of transactions and various comparability adjustments, focus on case law decisions based on comparability analysis, as well as analyze issues in different regions
- Identify intangibles and the importance of Intangible Property (IP) in Global Value Chains, IP structuring and attribution of intangible related returns
Components of training
The certification programme is divided into 4 online courses that further consist of several modules.
Each module has following components:
- Videos: 3-5 videos per module
- Case-studies: 1-2 per module
- Assignments and Assessments: 2 assessments for each specialised field
- Reading material: for each module
In order to be awarded the IBFD Advanced Professional Certificate in Transfer Pricing, you will need to complete the final assessments and obtain a passing grade of at least 60%, as well as view the videos and submit the case study assignments.
Who should participate
The programme is especially suited for tax professionals who wish to gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the complex world of transfer pricing, specifically in the areas of intra-group financing and services, benchmarking and valuation and intangibles.
The course is open to all, however it would be highly beneficial for those who have fundamental knowledge in transfer pricing and:
- are working in any of the following fields: tax, law, accounting, finance, treasury, controlling with any corporate, MNE, accounting firms or tax advisories
- professionals who wish to expand their knowledge base in these fields
Prerequisites/ Advance preparation
No advance preparation is necessary before the start of this programme
The programme must be completed within 6 months and can be followed and completed by dedicating a minimum of 5 hours of study per week.
Study materials included in the programme will be accessible for 6 months only (the duration of the programme).
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Kindly check with respective accrediting organization to determine eligibility of CPE credits.
International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of CPE on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Issues regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
See our FAQ section for more details on the certificate courses.
For more information, please contact us via email.
This programme is subject to change