CIOT’s Advanced Diploma in International Taxation
The Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) is a specialist advanced qualification awarded by the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT).
IBFD is an ADIT course provider for CIOT and offers a comprehensive range of classroom, online and tailored international tax courses, which provide a good grounding for several topics of the ADIT.
The courses listed below cover a variety of topics required for Papers 1, 2 and 3 of the ADIT and provide students with a good understanding of these topics. However, they are not in themselves sufficient preparation for the exams. When selecting a course, please consult the ADIT Syllabus and Guidance Notes and the individual programme for each course.
IBFD also offers a full range of courses on tax treaties, transfer pricing, corporate taxation and VAT
PAPER 1 – Principles of International Taxation
- Principles of International Taxation
- Current Issues in International Tax Planning
- International Tax, Legal and Commercial Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Tax Aspects of Permanent Establishments
- Tax Planning and Substance
- Fundamentals of Tax Treaties (online course)
- Residence (online course)
- Permanent Establishments (online course)
- Employment and Related Income (online course)
- Passive Income (online course)
- Business Profits (online course)
- International Tax Planning (online course)
- Double Taxation Relief (online course)
Advanced International Taxation (Jurisdiction)
PAPER 2 – United States option
- US Corporate Taxation
Advanced International Taxation (Thematic)
PAPER 3 – EU VAT option
- Introduction to European Value Added Tax
- European Value Added Tax – Selected Issues
- European Value Added Tax Masterclass
- Advanced VAT Optimization
- Fundamentals of Value Added Tax (online course)
PAPER 3 – Transfer Pricing option
- Principles of Transfer Pricing
- Transfer Pricing Masterclass
- Transfer Pricing Valuation
- Transfer Pricing and Substance Masterclass
- Fundamentals of Transfer Pricing (online course)
Documentation and resources for students
Documentation and resources are made available to participants in International Tax Courses:
- Pre-course preparation: Participants have access to a wide range of online reading material (e.g. legal documentation, case law and related articles/literature) to prepare for course participation and expand their knowledge after the course.
- Course material: Participants in all classroom courses either receive a binder containing documentation on the course topics for reference during the course, or are able to access this on their mobile device.
- IBFD online collections: After attending a course, participants may request access to the relevant IBFD online collection(s) for up to 2 weeks for further reading/research.
- IBFD Library: Participants have access to a vast array of study material in the IBFD Library for their own research purposes. To ensure that a place is available for you, please contact the library directly via email.