Certificates of Tax Residence – Practical Aspects Relating to Payments Made by Polish Entities to Foreign Contractors

In order for an entity making payments to a foreign contractor to apply reduced withholding tax rates under a tax treaty or domestic regulations relating to cross-border transactions, the entity must obtain a certificate of tax residence from its counterparty. This article outlines the practical requirements in regard to such certificates.