Online courses and online course lessons are designed to help tax professionals acquire the fundamental skills they need to better perform their work in a particular aspect of international taxation.
Webinars are more topical by nature and follow the trending subjects of the moment. Although IBFD webinars do cover the knowledge and skills needed to respond to these trending subjects, they are mainly driven by recent happenings and events.
FAQ - IBFD Webinars
- What is the difference between an online course, an online course lesson and a webinar?
- Which webinars are currently available?
View our Training shop
- What is the language of instruction?
IBFD webinars are given in English.
- Is it possible to ask questions during the webinars?
For those choosing to follow live webinars, it is possible to interact with the presenters via a chat message function. Additionally, participants are invited to answer poll questions or complete short tests.
- Can I obtain CPE (continuing professional education) credits?
Many accrediting organizations will grant CPE credit(s) for IBFD webinars. It is advisable, however, that you check with your accrediting body as to whether this applies only to live webinars or to on-demand webinars as well.
- Can I download the webinar presentation?
Yes you can download the presentation. Once you have received and have opened the webinar via the IBFD Tax Research Platform (TRP), you can click on the little grey box on the screen entitled “Description” (next to the “Watch Flash” or “Watch html” boxes; if the video is already visible, you might also see these boxes just above the video). There you will find the downloadable PDF presentation.
Pricing and access
- How much does it cost?
The cost is EUR 85/USD 99 per webinar. The membership 20% and GTE/GTEP 10% discounts are applicable.Bulk discount: a 20% discount will be applied to registrations received for five or more people made in one order.
- If I buy now, from when and for how long do I acquire access to the webinar?
In addition to participating to the live version, participants who registered for live webinars acquire access to the recorded version for 12 months from the date of live broadcast.
Participants who registered for on-demand webinars acquire access for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Can I cancel my participation in a live webinar and have my purchase refunded?
Registrations to live webinars always include 12-month access to the recorded version as well. If you registered for a live webinar and cannot attend, you will be able to follow the recorded versions. Webinar purchases cannot be refunded.
Please note that details of course participation are kept in our database for a minimum of 5 years. Be assured that this information is for our files only and will not be issued to a third party. Participants may also be requested, for quality audits, to answer a few questions about their experience with the webinars. In such cases, we will contact participants in advance and request their permission.
- What software/hardware do I need?
- Internet connection (recommended speed 256 kbps or higher
- One of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome version 37 (or later) on Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
- Internet Explorer 11 (or later) on Windows 8.1 or later
- Safari on- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Firefox version 47 (or later) on Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
- Adobe Flash Player 6.079 or later (can be downloaded for free at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/). In some browsers, you need to switch Flash on manually after installing the player.
- Sound card and speakers in order to render the audio.
- We have bandwidth constraints in our country. Will we have problems following a webinar?
You may experience difficulties following live webinars on lower internet bandwidths.
- Problems viewing the webinar?
If you are having trouble viewing the webinar, please try one of the solutions mentioned below. If you cannot find your specific problem there, please call IBFD at +31-20-554 100 and ask for Online Training (ext. 139, 181 or 373) for further assistance.
My audio and video are not working properly
Your internet speed is probably the reason for the malfunctioning of your audio and video. Go to the test page to check your internet speed. If it indicates that your internet speed is too low, you should switch to another internet connection. Refreshing your browser with F5 might also solve this problem.
My video stream is shutting down
You can refresh your video stream with F5. In most cases, this will solve the problem.
There is an echo in my audio stream
The webinar is probably playing simultaneously in two or more browsers. Please close all expandable browsers and continue watching in just one browser.
I am logged in via a corporate network and am having trouble watching the webinar
If you are watching from a corporate network or via a VPN connection, you might experience some problems. Please close this connection, if possible, and open a permissible browser to watch the webinar.
Part of my video stream shuts down/is not visible
Your screen is probably zoomed in. Click Ctrl+0 to zoom out again.
I have installed Flash Player, but I cannot see the webinar
In some browsers, you need to switch Flash on manually, after installing the player. The links below help you through the right steps, per browser.
- Google Chrome version ≥ 37 on Windows ≥ 7 or Mac OS X ≥ 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Safari - Mac OS X ≥ 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Firefox version ≥ 47 on ≥ Windows Vista or Mac OS X ≥ 10.7 (Lion)