This masterclass is to be scheduled until further notice. In the meantime, check out other upcoming Masterclasses here.
3-day advanced Masterclass that helps you gain advanced skills to manage the latest global developments that impact an organization’s transfer pricing model, such as the OECD Pillar One and Two.
The OECD/G20 IF goes ahead with the BEPS 2.0 pillars approach, regional organizations and various jurisdictions reacted and will start to act on the coming rules. In addition, the transfer pricing (TP) documentation and other compliance requirements increased and more and more data has been and will be exchanged in-between tax authorities across the globe. Further, tax authorities changed their approach with respect to TP risk management and audits. While recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic, geopolitical developments required and still require multinationals to have a good look at their supply chains. They have adjusted their supply chains and/or are considering adjusting them. And on top of all that, environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics have been rapidly gaining importance on the agenda of the OECD, UN, EU and jurisdiction’s agenda. In short, the world and the tax world are transforming.
This 3-day masterclass explores the TP issues confronting a multinational group that operates in a number of jurisdictions around the globe. Due to the aforementioned developments, the use of technology (and hence availability of meaningful data), cooperation between tax and other departments within multinationals gained importance.
Following a brief introduction to the individual topics, each session is complemented by a case study/examples/group discussions meant to apply the principles in practice.
- Global and Regional Developments
- Workshop: Pillar Two in context of transfer pricing
- Workshop: ESG and transfer pricing
- Panel: Transfer Pricing and Intra-Group Financing
- Workshop: Operational Transfer Pricing
- Workshop: Transfer Pricing Controversy
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the global and regional developments related to transfer pricing
- Determine how ESG impacts transfer pricing
- Determine a chargeable service and arm’s length remuneration for intra-group services
- Assess the guidance of international organizations, legislation and case law related to intra-group financing and their implications for their day-to-day practice
- Identify intangibles and the importance of intangible property (IP) in global value chains, IP structuring and attribution of intangible-related returns
- Identify the developments with respect to compliance and assess the various dispute mechanisms
Read more about the bios of instructors here.
Deputy Director of the Knowledge Centre, IBFD, The Netherlands
Partner Transfer Pricing, Taxtimbre, The Netherlands
Director, KPMG, The Netherlands
Partner/Head of Transfer Pricing, Dentons, The Netherlands
Global Transfer Pricing Manager, Danone, The Netherlands
Director Treasury Operations, Liberty Global, The Netherlands
Director, KPMG Meijburg & Co, The Netherlands
Field of study
Who should attend
The course is suitable for transfer pricing advisers, lawyers, accountants, in-house transfer pricing managers, controllers and finance staff.
Course Level and Prerequisites
This is an advanced-level course. Participants taking this course will be expected to have a good understanding of TP concepts. Those who do not meet these requirements, are recommended to follow IBFD’s online intermediate level certificate programs (i) Advanced Professional Certificate in Transfer Pricing – 1 and/or (ii) Advanced Professional Certificate in Transfer Pricing – 2. Participants who would like to get up to speed on certain topics included in this program may consider following one or some of IBFD’s online courses included in the aforementioned certificate programs.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of CPE on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Issues regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National. Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. Recommended NASBA CPE credits for this course are: TBA
The course will be held at IBFD headquarters in Amsterdam (Rietlandpark 301, 1019DW, Amsterdam, The Netherlands) or at an external venue in Amsterdam within easy reach from IBFD.
Registered participants will receive a list of hotels that offer corporate rates.
- The programme of the masterclass is subject to minor changes, and IBFD reserves the right to apply changes to the line-up of speakers.
- IBFD reserves the right to cancel the masterclass due to low registrations. If the minimum number of participants is not met and IBFD decides to cancel the masterclass, we will inform participants by 11 February 2024 at the latest. In that unfortunate case, registered participants will receive a credit note by email at the email address provided and a full refund of the masterclass registration fee thereafter. In light of this, participants are kindly advised to make refundable travel and accommodation arrangements. Participants act at their own risk when booking non-refundable travel and accommodation arrangements, in the event that IBFD cancels the masterclass due to low registrations by 11 February 2024. IBFD is not responsible for any loss incurred by participants who book non-refundable travel and accommodation arrangements.
- All bookings related to travel and accommodation, as well as local transportation, visas, vaccinations and travel insurance are at the participant’s own cost.