Taxing the Financial Sector
Financial Taxes, Bank Levies and More
This book offers a unique combination of discussions from prominent practitioners and academics presenting their views on the tax levies on the financial sector from a legal and an economic perspective.
Why this book?
(New) tax levies on the financial sector have been an ongoing subject of interest since the financial crisis of the past years. In Taxing the Financial Sector: Financial Taxes, Bank Levies and More, various ways of taxing the financial sector are discussed. The many discussions in the book provide practical guidelines for all those working in the financial sector.
Twelve prominent practitioners and academics give their views on the tax levies on the financial sector from a legal and an economic perspective. Subjects discussed are:
- The EU financial transaction tax Proposal
- Capita selecta of the financial transaction tax
- Overview of existing national taxation of the financial sector
- Experiences from the financial transaction tax in Colombia
- Bank levies in the United Kingdom
- Financial activities tax in Italy
- Introduction of a bank tax in the Netherlands
- The financial transaction tax and the TFEU freedoms
- Taxing financial transactions and State aid rules
- Financial transaction tax and VAT
- The financial transaction tax versus the financial activities tax
- Financial sector taxation and the ongoing financial crisis
Dennis Weber and Otto Marres
Liesl Fichardt, Oskar Henkow, Catalina Hoyos Jiménez, Vincent van der Lans, Barry Larking, Paolo Ludovici, Raymond H.C. Luja, Thornton Matheson, René van der Paardt, Martine J. Peters, Daniel Shaviro, Daniël S. Smit, Mario Tenore.