WebinarWebinar: The Role and Importance of Transfer Pricing in International Tax Planning
- EUR 85 / USD 105 (VAT excl.)
- Client offer:
Client offer: Included in the subscription package for IBFD Membership clients and 10% discount for Global Tax Explorer (Plus) clients.
Bulk discount: a 20% discount will be applied to registrations received for 5 people or more made in one order.
- Webinar: The Role and Importance of Transfer Pricing in International Tax Planning
Overview and learning objectivesThe presenters will discuss how businesses and tax administrations approach transfer pricing (TP), why TP is an important element of tax planning, what the basic drivers are of potential TP practices, what risks and opportunities exist for MNEs and tax administrations after the 2017 OECD TP Guidelines, and what conclusions can be drawn from relevant TP case law.After following this webinar, participants will be able to:
- appreciate the relevance of TP in international taxation
- comprehend how TP fits into tax planning considerations
- identify TP risk areas for MNEs wishing to lower their effective tax rate
- understand the position of tax administrations against base erosion and profit shifting through TP
- apprehend some of the commonly used transfer mispricing practices
- acknowledge potential counter measures and arguments
Field of studyTaxes
Who should participateThe webinar is suitable for tax and TP professionals, including in-house tax and accounting personnel, lawyers, government agents and advisers who deal with cross-border transactions, structures or cases, and who wish to understand why TP considerations are key for tax planning and structuring. In addition, the webinar is useful for non-tax professionals including lawyers, operational and business people as well as policymakers who wish to learn about the fundamental questions of TP in international tax planning without going too deeply into technical details.
Course level and prerequisitesThis is a basic-level webinar. There are no prerequisites.
Advance preparationParticipation in this webinar does not require any preparation.
Interactive webinar - "Group Internet Based" (live webinar only)To safeguard the interactive nature of the webinar, a limited number of participants will be accepted. Early registration is therefore recommended. During live webinars, it is possible to interact with the presenters via a chat message function. Please note that questions are answered based on relevance, order of receipt and available time. Additionally, participants in the live webinar are invited to answer poll questions or complete short tests. Participants will also have access to the on-demand version for a further 12 months from the live date.Date of recording: 7 May 2019
On-demand webinarOn-demand webinars are intended for individual self-study only. Unlike live webinars, they are not open to interactive participation or assistance of a real-time instructor. Access to on-demand webinars is granted for a period of 12 months from the date of registration and/or live broadcast.
Continuing Professional EducationMany accrediting organizations will grant CPE credit(s) for an IBFD audiovisual broadcast. It is advisable, however, that you check with your accrediting body as to whether this applies only to live webinars or to on-demand webinars as well.
Webinar registration detailsIf you have any questions regarding following the webinar, technical requirements, payments or cancellations, please consult our FAQ.
- Setting the scene
- The relevance of TP for tax planning
- TP aspects of some core transactions
- Challenges in detecting and addressing TP malpractices for tax administrations
- Practical considerations for MNEs and tax administrations
- Some recent TP case law
- Other recent developments