UnscheduledTax Treaties and Their New Anti-Abuse Measures in the Latin American Region in the Light of the Multilateral Convention to Implement BEPS
For participants who wish to register for the full programme (21-23 May 2018) of the 2.5-day IBFD course: Tax Treaties and Their New Anti-Abuse Measures in the Latin American Region in the Light of the Multilateral Convention to Implement BEPS in San Jose, Costa Rica.
It is also possible to register for only Day 1 or only Day 2 and 3 of this course.
On 23-25 May, IFA Costa Rica 2018 will take place.
Early Bird Discount extended: a 30% discount will be automatically applied for registrations received before 11 April 2018 (cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts).
- Tax Treaties and Their New Anti-Abuse Measures in the Latin American Region in the Light of the Multilateral Convention to Implement BEPS
Please check the link below for the full description and course programme in Spanish.
Read more in Spanish
Interactive course – "Group Live"
To safeguard the interactive nature of the course, including group discussions and case studies, a maximum of 50 participants will be accepted. Early registration is therefore recommended.
We invite you to send us in advance any technical, content-related questions you may have. During the course, we will try to address your specific questions, but please note that this will depend on the amount of time available, the relevance of the questions and the order in which the questions are received. Should you have a question, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The information provided during the course has been prepared solely for the instruction of course participants. This information is not intended to constitute advice on any particular matter.
Continuing Professional Education
Recommended NASBA CPE points for this course: 18 (in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE points, CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour). Read more information on CPE points and accreditation for IBFD International Tax Courses.
Course fee and registration details
The course fee covers participation in the course, all course materials, lunch, coffee/tea and refreshments. The costs of accommodation and transport are not covered. If you have any other questions regarding attendance of the course, travel arrangements, payments and cancellations, please consult our FAQ.
- Function of tax treaties
- Tax treaty interpretation and application – Fundamental concepts
- Tax treaty aspects of international tax planning
- Domestic and tax treaty anti-avoidance measures – General overview
- General update about the progress on BEPS Minimum Standards implementation and other specific actions
- OECD Multilateral Convention to Implement BEPS (MLI)
- MLI – Part III Treaty Abuse
- MLI – Part IV Avoidance of Permanent Establishment Status
- Analysis of the general anti-avoidance rule of the principal purpose test (PPT)
- Analysis of limitation on benefits provisions (LOB)