OnlineITA109 Fundamentals of Transfer Pricing
- Orders of five or more courses will benefit from a 20% discount on the standard price.
- For larger orders, an enterprise deal can be arranged. Contact IBFD International Tax Training for information
- ITA109 Fundamentals of Transfer Pricing
- Appreciate the importance of international transfer pricing to multinational enterprise groups and tax administrations
- Analyse a country's legal framework for transfer pricing, taking into account international practice and guidance (including the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines) and the role of tax treaties
- Understand the arm's length principle, the concept of comparability and the transfer pricing methods in the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines
- Apply the arm's length principle in practice, based on the guidance provided in the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines
- Understand the purpose and content of transfer pricing documentation, and gain better insight in the international guidance on this subject
- Appreciate mechanisms for avoidance and resolution of transfer pricing disputes, including advance pricing agreements, as well as the mutual agreement procedure and arbitration (under the European Arbitration Convention and under tax treaties)
Delivery methodQAS Self studyField of studyTaxesCourse reviewThis course was last reviewed in February 2019PrerequisitesThis course covers, in detail, the fundamentals of international transfer pricing, as it relates to direct, or income, taxation. Focusing on the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines, the course addresses the importance of transfer pricing, the legal framework (in particular the role of tax treaties) and the practical application of the arm's length principle by way of comparability analysis and the use of the OECD transfer pricing methodologies. In addition, transfer pricing adjustments are considered, along with transfer pricing documentation and dispute resolution and avoidance mechanisms.The course is highly recommended for participants who have no or limited knowledge of and experience with international transfer pricing. However, it is also suitable for those who have previous experience with transfer pricing and wish to refresh or consolidate their understanding of the topic.While this course is suitable for practising professionals, it is also very useful as additional study material in preparing for the CIOT examination - Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT – Paper 3 - Transfer Pricing Option). Further information about this qualification can be found at the ADIT website.No advance preparation is needed for this course.Study time
- Audio lessons: 4 hours
- Self study: 12.5 hours
- Further reading (optional)
Access to the course is granted for a period of 12 months, from the date of ordering.Continuing Professional Education (CPE)The recommended CPE points for this course are as follows:
The International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website.In addition, IBFD International Online Tax Courses in many cases qualify for CPE credits pursuant to the rules of a number of professional associations other than those listed above. Participants are encouraged to check with their professional and/or national associations to determine eligibility in this respect.Read more information on CPE points and accreditation for International Tax Courses.
- NASBA (The National Association of State Board of Accountancy, US) - 15 points
- CIOT (The UK Chartered Institute of Taxation) - 16.5 points
- NBA (Nederlandse beroepsorganisatie van accountants) - 16 points
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact International Tax Training via email. Please note that once access to an online course has been granted, a refund will no longer be possible.
Order this course now by selecting 'Register Online' above.
- Introduction to transfer pricing
- The legal framework
- Transfer pricing methods
- Applying the arm's length principle
- Transfer pricing adjustments
- Transfer pricing dispute avoidance and resolution
- Transfer pricing documentation