The IBFD Certificate in GCC VAT is a comprehensive Certificate programme designed to elucidate the principles and practical implications of the introduction of value added tax in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) states.
We offer this certification programme as a tailored training solution. In collaboration with you, we will design the curriculum and case studies to suit the specific needs of your organization or network.
The Certificate will enable you to:
- Conceptually understand the role, importance, modus operandi and impact of GCC VAT, as well as the potential controversies and risks arising from it.
- Interpret the GCC framework system and the domestic law requirements to develop practical solutions within your own environment.
- Navigate the particularly complex VAT framework being put in place in the GCC. Since the process combines a regional legislative framework with domestic implementation, practitioners need to understand how GCC VAT works, to whom it applies, how to comply with the administrative obligations related to it and how to mitigate any risks deriving from the implementation of GCC VAT.
- Benefit from a comprehensive, cost-effective and time-efficient training by choosing the format, location and time best suited to you.
- You can choose between or combine three different training formats: online course, live classroom training and interactive webinars
- Leave the training with the practical skills you’ll need:
- Figure out whether your company will be affected by VAT: learn which transactions will and which will not be covered by the new VAT, whether your company should register for VAT and how this can be done
- Find out how VAT should be reported and by whom, how to set-up a VAT management/reporting system, how this will affect the accounting, management and legal systems within a firm, how you should invoice clients and whether you can deduct input VAT.
- Become familiar with the possible consequences of non-compliance and the implications for your cash position and export and import situations.
- Receive supplementary documentation and reading materials.
- Participate in interactive group discussions and case studies.
Government officials module
For government officials, an extra 2-day live classroom module is available, in addition to the tailored programme mentioned above. Contact us for more information, or download an example of this government module.
To receive the Certificate, participants have to complete the final assessment, which is based on the tailored curriculum of the programme.
For information and registration, please contact email@example.com.