6th IBFD Frans Vanistendael Award goes to Prof. Brian J. ArnoldMay-19-2020
The IBFD Frans Vanistendael Award for International Tax Law was established to promote worldwide excellence in research on international tax law.
Professor Brian J. Arnold is the winner of the 6th IBFD Frans Vanistendael Award, for his journal article titled “The Evolution of Controlled Foreign Corporation Rules and Beyond”, published by IBFD in 2019 in the Bulletin for International Taxation. A senior adviser at the Canadian Tax Foundation, Canada’s leading tax research organization, Prof. Arnold has been working on tax issues as a teacher, author and consultant for over 50 years.
View the laudatio by Prof. Dr Frans Vanistendael and Prof. Pasquale Pistone
View Prof. Brian Arnold’s speech
The following publications were shortlisted:
- Arnold, B., The Evolution of Controlled Foreign Corporation Rules and Beyond, IBFD
- Debelva, F. , International Double Taxation and the Right to Property: A Comparative, International and European Law Analysis, IBFD
- Elliffe, C. , The meaning of the PPT: one ring to bind them all, IBFD
- Englisch, J. & Becker, J., International effective minimum taxation – The GLOBE Proposal, IBFD
- Lindenberg Schoueri, P., Conflicts of International Legal Framework in the Area of Harmful Tax Competition, IBFD
- Neto, L.F., Transfer pricing and deemed arm’s length approaches: A Proposal for Optional Safe Harbour Methods Based on Accurate Predetermined Margins of Profitability, IBFD