22 Sep 20178th IBFD International Tax Conference
- IBFD attended event, Conference/Seminar
- Beijing - China
- 8th IBFD International Tax Conference
NOTE: Due to an overwhelming response to the conference, we have currently closed registrations. However, if you any questions, please email ChinaITC@ibfd.org.2017 has already proven to be an incredibly important year in the history of international taxation. The 8th IBFD International Tax Conference will focus on these historical international tax developments, from the signing of the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (the MLI) to proposed US tax reform, and examine the impact these developments will have on China and the rest of the world.The 8th IBFD International Tax Conference will provide a platform for discussion and clarification from tax experts, as well as insights from SAT officials on questions such as:
- How will the MLI be implemented and which issues are likely to occur?
- What possible impact will US tax reform have on China and the rest of the world?
- Which important tax aspects are too often neglected by Chinese multinationals making outbound investments?
- Which new transfer pricing rules need to be implemented as a result of Gong Gao  No.6, and which issues and solutions can be expected?
As an independent and not-for-profit leading international tax organization committed to disseminating international tax knowledge, IBFD is pleased to offer free admission to the 8th International Tax Conference.
We hope to welcome you all on 22 September 2017 at the Intercontinental Beijing Sanlitun Hotel.
12:45 – 13:15Registration13:15 – 13:30Opening addressJan Maarten Slagter (CEO of IBFD)13:30 – 14:15US tax reformWith a focus on:background and current development;tax reform; andpossible impact on the world and in particular on China.Joint speakers: Mr Jan Maarten Slagter and Mr Victor van KommerTax Services Director at IBFD and Chief Operations Officer of IBFD China14:15 – 15:00Multilateral Instrument and covered tax agreements from China’s perspectiveWith a focus on:the Chinese standpoint;expected implementation of the MLI in China; andimpact on the application of the tax agreements concluded by China.Speaker: Ms Meng YuyingDeputy Director-General of the SAT in charge of, inter alia, the treaty division15:00 – 15:30 Coffee/Tea break15:30 – 16:15Corporate tax management reaches a new eraWith a focus on:The global tax environment;The tax environment in China; andCorporate tax management.Speaker: Mr Liu JianDirector-General of Tax Department, China National Petroleum Corporation16:15 – 17:00Implementation of new transfer pricing rules and related issuesWith a focus on:highlights of new transfer pricing rules;related issues; andpractical solutions.Speaker: Mr He Lian TangSenior Transfer Pricing Partner, Deloitte17:00 – 17:20Concluding remarksSpeaker: Zhiyong Zhang
Former Deputy Commissioner of the SAT, Deputy Chairman of the CITRI, Member of the Board of Trustees of IBFD and Tax Expert of IMF17:20 – 17:30 Q&A17:30 – 18:00 Drinks
- Jan Maarten Slagter, CEO of IBFD
- Victor van Kommer, Tax Services Director at IBFD and Chief Operations Officer of IBFD China
- Meng Yuying, Deputy Director-General of the SAT in charge of, inter alia, the treaty division
- Liu Jian, Director-General of Tax Department, China National Petroleum Corporation
- He Lian Tang, Senior Transfer Pricing Partner, Deloitte
- Zhiyong Zhang, Former Deputy Commissioner of the SAT, Deputy Chairman of the CITRI, Member of the Board of Trustees of IBFD and Tax Expert of IMF
The event will be held at:
Intercontinental Beijing Sanlitun Hotel
No. 1 South Sanlitun Road,Chaoyang District,Beijing, China