27 Aug - 01 Sep '1771st Congress of the International Fiscal Association
The 2017 Congress will take place between 27 August and 1 September, in the world-renowned city of Rio de Janeiro. Rio is a truly unique location, offering the attributes of one of the most famous international tourist destinations as well as serving as a focus point in the country and the region for several key economic markets, such as the oil and telecommunication industries.
- IBFD attended event, Conference/Seminar
- Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
- 71st Congress of the International Fiscal Association
The 71st Congress will be held at the Windsor Hotel and Event Center, a recently built state-of-the-art facility, which, in addition to the convention center, boasts three hotels internally connected to each other. You can find IBFD at stands number 5, 6 and 11.
The entire structure is located literally across the street from the beach, and very short distances from other hotels and shopping/entertainment areas in the neighbourhood of Barra da Tijuca, one of the fastest growing regions of the city.
In cooperation with IFA's Permanent Scientific Committee (PSC) an exciting and informative programme for the Congress is in the process of being finalized, covering the main subjects which allow for a healthy debate among all those attending the event.
Participants, as well as the accompanying persons, will also enjoy a wide variety of social events and tours throughout (and, in certain cases, beyond) this beautiful city.
We very much look forward to seeing all of you in Brazil!Join us for the IBFD Dialogues at IFA – top international experts will discuss the impact of the recent OECD Multilateral Convention on the double tax treaty network
The IFA Permanent Scientific Committee (PSC) selected the two subjects below for the IFA 2017 Congress:1. Assessing BEPS: Origins, Standards and Responses
2. The future of transfer pricing
The preliminary programme plans to discuss the following topics:
- Economic crisis and protection of taxpayers´ rights – tax morality?
- International indirect taxation of enterprise services. Multilateral, internal or bilateral approach?
- Fragmentation of contracts and taxation
- Automatic exchange of information: A new standard?
- Recent Developments in International Taxation
- IFA/EU Panel to discuss the most important subjects in European Taxation
- IFA/OECD Panel to discuss the advances of OECD work in International Taxation
- International Tax Impacts of foreign exchange effects
- Cost-sharing and cost contribution agreements
- Advance Pricing Arrangements
More in-depth information to be announced. For the latest developments, please check the IFA 2017 website.
Windsor Convention & Expo Center
Avenida Lúcio Costa2630 - Barra da Tijuca
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
BrazilTel: (55 21) 2195-5000
Fax: (55 21) 2195-5050Check the IFA 2017 website for more information about accommodation, special rates, early reservations and any other queries.