17 Oct 201910th IBFD International Tax Conference
We are very excited to host the 10th IBFD International Tax Conference in Shenzhen, China. This year’s event will focus on selected international tax issues and transfer pricing in China and around the globe.
- IBFD attended event, Conference/Seminar
- Chinese and English
- Shenzhen - China
- 10th IBFD International Tax Conference
The 10th IBFD International Tax Conference will be different in two aspects compared to previous conferences. Firstly, it is the first time that IBFD is hosting its annual conference in Shenzhen, a city that has become a leading global technology hub and Chinese Silicon Valley since the start of China’s “opening up” policy. Secondly, the conference has been extended from a half-day to a one-day event to accommodate a special afternoon session. For this afternoon session, we have specially invited experts from the State Taxation Administration, the tax administrations of several European countries and tax representatives of multinational enterprises to discuss transfer pricing, which remains an anti-tax avoidance focus of many tax administrations.About the topicsTaxation of the digitalized economyAn IBFD expert will update the audience on the latest developments and provide an analysis of the main issues.Taxpayers’ rightsConsidering the increased importance of the subject, IBFD would like to take the opportunity at its annual conference in Shenzhen to promote and encourage further discussion on this subject in China.Transfer pricingThe afternoon session of this conference will be devoted entirely to transfer pricing. Officials from IBFD, the OECD, State Taxation Administration, the tax administrations of several European countries and partners from Maisto e Associati in Italy will discuss transfer pricing in depth and deliver contributions to the process of seeking possible solutions for pressing and complex transfer pricing problems.Supported by:Current Issues in International Taxation – The Chinese Outbound Perspective
15-16 October 2019, Shenzhen, China
The conference will be preceded by a 2-day advanced level course on international tax planning and structuring with a special focus on China.
> Sign up for the courseA Chinese/English translation service will be available during the conference and course.
09:00 – 09:30Registration09:30 – 09:45Opening addressJan Maarten Slagter, CEO of IBFD09:45 – 10:30What is the way going forward? Taxation of the digitalized economyWith a focus on:
Speaker:To be determined, IBFD10:30 – 11:00Shenzhen tax administration’s role in the “Belt and Road Initiative” and work of anti-tax avoidanceWith a focus on:
- new international tax rules with regard to nexus and the allocation of taxing rights;
- the proposals for and (potential) adoption of digital tax by several countries; and
- the impact on traditional business.
Speaker:Guojun Zhang, Commissioner of the tax administration of Shenzhen11:00 – 11:20Coffee/tea break11:20 – 12:00Taxpayers’ rights
- Shenzhen’s role in the “Belt and Road Initiative” – tax services for taxpayers;
- current work on anti-tax avoidance; and
- tax cooperation with the Hong Kong tax authority.
With a focus on:
Speaker:To be determined, Corporate representative and IBFD12:00 – 13:15Lunch13:15 – 13:30Opening address of afternoon sessionSpeaker:Victor van Kommer, Director of Tax Services, IBFD13:30 – 14:15Recent developments in the transfer pricing landscape in ChinaWith a focus on:
- the recent work on taxpayers’ rights;
- the main issues regarding taxpayers’ rights; and
- how to improve certainty for taxpayers in the post-BEPS era.
Speaker:Yi Wang, Director Anti-tax avoidance unit, International Taxation Department of State Taxation Administration of China14:15 – 15:30
- transfer pricing in China from a tax administration’s perspective;
- specific transfer pricing issues in China; and
- the way going forward in China in respect of transfer pricing tax administration.
Roundtable discussion: Current Transfer Pricing Issues faced by corporations
Introduction of the transfer pricing current issues by:Guglielmo Maisto, Founding partner of Maisto e Associati, Member of Board of Trustee IBFDRoundtable discussion:With a focus on:
Moderator:Tizhong Liao, Director-General of International Taxation, Department of State Taxation Administration of ChinaPanellists:
- update on the OECD’s latest work on transfer pricing;
- the attribution of profits to a permanent establishment (PE) against the backdrop of the new PE concept in the digital economy; and
- preventing double taxation caused by transfer pricing.
Tax directors from a number of European and Chinese corporations15:30 – 16:00Coffee/tea break16:00 – 17:00Roundtable discussion: Taxing foreign MNEs in China and in EuropeWith a focus on:
ModeratorPaolo Valerio Barbantini, Deputy Head of Italian Revenue AgencyPanellists:Transfer pricing managers of corporations and officials from tax administrations17:00 – 17:15General report of the afternoon session and the way going forwardSpeaker:Bruno Gibert, Partner in charge of transfer pricing, CMS Lefebvre Advocate, Former Co-chair of the OECD Special Sessions and the OECD Forum on harmful tax practices, Member of Board of Trustees of IBFD17:15 – 17:30Closing remarksSpeaker:Zhiyong Zhang, Chairman of China International Tax Research Institution, Former Deputy Commissioner of State Taxation Administration, Member of Board of Trustees of IBFD
- the definition of intangibles and their situs for transfer pricing purposes;
- transfer pricing model for manufacturers;
- transfer pricing model for distributors; and
- transfer pricing and R&D.
- Paolo Valerio Barbantini, Deputy Head of Italian Revenue Agency
- Bruno Gibert, Partner in charge of transfer pricing, CMS Lefebvre Advocate, Former Co-chair of the OECD Special Sessions and the OECD Forum on harmful tax practices, Member of Board of Trustees of IBFD
- Tizhong Liao, Director-General of International Taxation, Department of State Taxation Administration of China
- Guglielmo Maisto, Founding partner of Maisto e Associati, Member of Board of Trustee IBFD
- Jan Maarten Slagter, CEO of IBFD
- Victor van Kommer, Director of Tax Services, IBFD
- Yi Wang, Director Anti-tax avoidance unit, International Taxation Department of State Taxation Administration of China
- Guojun Zhang, Commissioner of the tax administration of Shenzhen
- Zhiyong Zhang, Chairman of China International Tax Research Institution, Former Deputy Commissioner of State Taxation Administration, Member of Board of Trustees of IBFD
The 10th IBFD International Tax Conference is an outstanding platform for your business to grow its market understanding and brand presence in China and around the world.If you would like to enquire about our sponsorship opportunities, please contact:Sorrel Hidding
Head of Marketing
Email: email@example.comSupported by:
The event will be held at:
Shenzhen Marriott Hotel Nanshan
No. 88, Haide Yi Road, Nanshan District
518054 Shenzhen, China
Tel: +86-755-8666 6666