The World Tax Journal (WTJ) is the first worldwide, fully peer-reviewed scientific journal in the area of international, comparative and regional taxation, covering worldwide developments from a legal and economic perspective. Supported by a large board of high-level editors of international renown, this multidisciplinary journal is a platform for premium and groundbreaking academic research.
The objective of the journal is to meet the perceived need of the international research community for a scientific journal in the area of international, comparative and regional (e.g. European) taxation with a legal and economic perspective.
The World Tax Journal is indexed in the American Economic Association’s electronic bibliography (EconLit) and has been accepted for inclusion in the Scopus database.
Purchase this journal with a 25% discount by subscribing to selected Explorer packages.
IBFD Journal articles are also available on a single-article basis.
Journal Article Alert (optional free service)
Journal Article Alert is a free email service that informs you about newly published IBFD journal articles. You can either subscribe to alerts for all IBFD journals, or just for the journal(s) you are interested in.
Our authors are drawn from the worldwide community of tax academics in law and economics, policymakers and professionals. A special effort is made to enable young authors to publish their work, provided they meet the editorial standards.
Would you like to submit your manuscript? Please contact the editors
Rankings and accreditations
The World Tax Journal is included in multiple rankings used as reference by national and international academic institutions:
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers (2019)
- BFI List (Denmark, 2019)
- JUFO List (Finland, 2019)
- ANVUR Rating of Scientific Journals (Italy, 2018)
- Excellence in Research for Australia Journal List (2018)
- CABS’ Academic Journal Guide (United Kingdom, 2018)
- Australian Business Deans Council List (2016)
- VHB-JOURQUAL3 (Germany, 2015)
Academic Chairman, IBFD, the Netherlands
Prof. Dr João Nogueira
Adjunct to the Academic Chairman, IBFD, the Netherlands
Prof. Dr Craig West
IBFD, the Netherlands and Associate Professor at University of Cape Town, South Africa
Cristian San Felipe Maestre
Project Coordinator, IBFD, the Netherlands
- Michael Lang (Austria), professor, Head of the Institute for Austrian and International Tax Law, WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Kees van Raad (Netherlands), professor, Director ITC Leiden
- Wolfgang Schön (Germany), professor, LMU Munich, Vice-president of the German Research Foundation (DFG), Director Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance
- Hugh Ault (United States), professor, Boston College, consultant United Nations Financing Development Office (FfDO)
- Ruth Mason (United States), professor, University of Virginia
- Jacques Sasseville (Canada), United Nations as Inter-regional Adviser in the Capacity Development Unit, FfDO/DESA
- Alejandro Altamirano (Argentina), professor, Director of the Tax Department, Austral University Buenos Aires, practising tax lawyer, Buenos Aires
- Heleno Torres (Brazil), professor, University of São Paulo, practising tax lawyer, São Paulo
- Porus Kaka (India), Senior Tax Advocate, Mumbai
- Yoshihiro Masui (Japan), professor, University of Tokyo
- Richard Vann (Australia), professor, University of Sydney, practising lawyer, Sydney
- Krister Andersson (Sweden), associate professor, Lund University, Head of the Tax Policy Department at the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Michael Devereux (United Kingdom), professor, Said Business School, Oxford
- Kai Konrad (Germany), professor, Director Max Planck Institute Tax Law for Tax Law and Public Finance
- Christoph Spengel (Germany), professor, University of Mannheim
- Vito Tanzi (Italy), independent scholar
- Mihir Desai (United States), professor, Harvard Business School
- Joël Slemrod (United States), professor, University of Michigan
Asia and Oceania
- Howell Zee (United Kingdom), professor, Xiamen University and senior fellow, Monash University