Tax Explorer ─ Country Select
- Tax Explorer ─ Country Select
Why subscribe?The IBFD Tax Research Platform holds extensive information on over 210 countries. By combining complementary resources, we have created the Tax Explorer collections, which contain all the essentials for international tax practitioners. Tax Explorer ─ Country Select enables you to choose exactly the countries for which you need information.
- Tax News Service - Latest developments in international tax related to your country selection (incl. BEPS and MLI)
- Country Key Features - Brief overviews of the rates and other essential elements ─ choose from 210 countries
- Country Surveys - Concise descriptions of tax regimes, following a uniform outline ─ choose from 210 countries
- Glossary – Explanation of over 4,000 tax terms covered in the IBFD International Tax Glossary
If related to your country selection, you also have access to:
- Descriptions of the sub-national tax systems of Canada, Mexico, Switzerland and the United States
- Tables – Brief overviews of the rates and other essential elements of tax regimes (Country Key Features) and easy-to-use tables covering withholding tax rates, MLI positions and all BEPS and EU Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive (ATAD) implementation measures at a national level
- Tax and social security treaties, including protocols, supplementary agreements and exchanges of notes to these treaties, Models (OECD, UN, etc.)
- Primary Sources – Domestic governmental documentation other than legislation (e.g. Chinese circulars and US IRS documents), legislative documentation on direct taxes from the European Union and documentation from other international organizations (OECD, UN and PATA), including the BEPS reports
- Case Law – Tax Treaty Case Law and ECJ Case Law summaries (Direct Tax)
Tools and Action Functionality
- Compare two similar country chapters easily, using standardized outlines
- Compare similar tables for multiple countries, including BEPS Country Monitor, Country Key Features, MLI Country Monitor and Withholding Rates Tables
- Interest and Penalties Comparison Table
- Compare entire treaty documents, individual treaty articles or two different language versions side by side
- Export treaty article for multiple treaties to MS Word, Excel or PDF
- Treaty Status Monitor - Find real-time information on the status of any treaty, protocol or related document
Add-on and upgrade options (per country)
You can also choose to add-on one or several of the following options:
- Historical Tax Archives.
- For 65 major economies, you can add a very detailed Country Analysis: View here the difference between a section of a Country Survey and the equivalent section of a Country Analysis.
- For each Country Analysis, you can also choose to opt for the Historical Archive.
Important order information
When filling in your order form, simply give the number of countries you want to access. Upon receipt of your order, you will be contacted by an Account Manager to select the specific countries you want access for. If you want to add one or more Country Analyses, you can also let the Account Manager know which countries you would like to select.
Please note that your choice of countries is valid for one year. Upon renewal of your subscription it is possible to change (the number of) countries.
- Sections of country chapters affected by recent developments feature direct links to the relevant tax news
- Coverage of all BEPS implementation measures at a national level
- Standardized outlines enabling side-by-side comparison of documents
- Includes practical information on trade and investment
- Quick search facilities
- Create and save unique personalized searches and documents under your Favourites
- Easy-to-use (compare) tools which help you do your research more quickly and efficiently
- View two different documents (e.g. treaty and model, table and country chapter) side by side
- Access for up to five users (additional users for a small fee)
- Frequent updates and “See Also” feature to show the latest related developments
- Ability to export data to Word and PDF
- Easily generate precise, standardized citations for use in your tax research
- Effective navigation between different sets of information wherever you go, no matter what device you are using
Countries Surveys availableAfghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China (People's Rep.), Colombia, Comoro Islands, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Congo (Rep.), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland (Country Key Features only), Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Dem. People's Rep.), Korea (Rep.), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia (FYR), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Autonomous Areas, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, US Virgin Islands, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.Country Analyses available
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China (People's Rep.), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel (soon to come), Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan (soon to come), Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria (soon to come), Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam.
Why Historical Tax Archives?As a tax practitioner you may need to deal with tax issues from the past, due to protracted litigation procedures.To help you find the right information fast, IBFD has made available the Historical Tax Archives dating back to 2009. This additional product allows you to quickly view and compare historical tax data, so you can analyse the main changes across different time periods.If you already subscribe to Tax Explorer - Country Select, you can order the Historical Tax Archives at a small surcharge on the annual subscription price. For more information, please contact an Account Manager.