return to product list
Comtax® Basic Global
return to product list
Comtax® Basic Global allows you to calculate your cross-border transactions – with all tax costs taken into account – to and from 131 jurisdictions worldwide, directly linked to detailed country and treaty information from IBFD.
- Comtax® Basic Global
- IBFD and Comtax have joined forces to create a product that provides you with detailed treaty- and country-related information in combination with a sophisticated calculation tool to assist in effective tax structuring.
The integration provides IBFD subscribers with seamless interlinking to and from the tool to the IBFD Tax Research Platform, with single login (i.e. if you subscribe to the tool you are not challenged for your password again once you have entered the IBFD Tax Research Platform).Comtax® Basic Global video presentation:
Why subscribeThis innovative software combines extensive international tax experience with comprehensive tax expertise to deliver optimal international tax solutions every time. Comtax software tools are designed to support tax professionals in achieving considerable productivity gains by minimizing manual routine work and human error. This easy-to-use software solution gives the professional the best, fastest, cheapest basis for decision making.
Main contentsThe tool enables you to pay the right amount of tax in the right manner at the right time to the right authorities, making you consistently compliant with local guidelines. Features include:
- Calculations for 131 jurisdictions covering dividends, royalties, interest and fees. View screenshot
- A tax calendar for tax return-, reporting- and documentation deadlines, related to IBFD tables such as Tax Management. View screenshot
- Overviews of current and upcoming legislation affected by the BEPS Action Plan on a country-by-country basis with the BEPS-Tracker. View screenshot
- A database containing more than 400,000 tax rates and explanations kept updated with IBFD data feeds. View screenshot
- Direct links from the Comtax reference information to IBFD country and treaty information
Contact us today to arrange a free tailored WebEx demonstration or to get a free trial.Case example: Investigating the withholding tax situation when repatriating dividends from France to the USA.
With Comtax Basic Global, you can:
- Set up calculations for up to two intermediary countries using dividends, interest (two types), royalties (three types) or fees (two types)
- Calculate with different tax positions (e.g. using a loss)
- Insert your own tax rates and figures into the calculation results
- Calculate the effective corporate tax rate
- Gain easy access to structured and updated commentaries for each country, linked to more detailed IBFD information
- Generate a complete analysis of the capital gains tax calculations on the realization of shares
- Quickly export information and calculation results for use in reports
Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas IBC, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Barbados offshore, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda Exempt C, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands Exempt C, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Luxembourg SPF, Macao, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Malaysia Labuan, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Spain ETVE, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Switzerland Dom C, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
"Comtax has been part of my everyday work for many years now. I could simply not get by without it. The system is both highly cost-efficient - due to the ability one has to solve issues and give input, without the involvement of external advisors, and it is efficient from a timing perspective - as answers to complex international tax planning issues are often just a couple of clicks of the mouse away. In the world of international tax planning Comtax is an indispensable tool."
Henrik Guldhammer Nielsen, European Tax Manager Jeld-Wen, Løgstør - Denmark"We have been working with the Comtax System since 1995 and have come to value it highly. The system’s true value becomes already noticeable in the initial stages of tax planning. Thanks to the database, which is always up to date, and the simulation tool we find that we can perform our daily work substantially faster and more effectively. Furthermore, the Comtax System has also proven to be a useful and time-saving aid in our regular advisory work - making the relevant current information from the various jurisdictions directly accessible. Combine all these points with its user-friendly interface and it should be obvious why we can scarcely imagine working without it today."
Prof. Dr Hubertus Baumhoff, Partner, Flick Gocke Schaumburg, Bonn – Germany"If you license and plan one transaction correctly, it’ll pay for itself ten times over. I don’t know how any multinational corporation can live without it. It’s that powerful. Comtax is the only software of its kind that allows you to navigate the worldwide treaty network and position companies where there’s an optimal opportunity for tax repatriations."
Jim Angus, Vice President - Taxes, The Marmon Group LLC, Chicago - United States